The Department of Religious Studies and Classics is excited to offer support to students who would like to get a jump on their study of Ancient Greek! Depending on merit, need, and fund availability, multiple scholarships will be available for full or partial support of tuition costs.
For UA students interested in enrolling in GRK 112 in Summer 2019, funding is available to take GRK 112 (online). Greek 112 will be available fully online during the Summer 2019 10-week session . More information on enrolling in Winter Session courses can be found at summer-winter.arizona.edu.
To apply for funding to help cover winter tuition for GRK 112, please submit the following by 5:00pm May 1, 2018:
- A one-page letter of application covering the following:
- Your name, major(s) and minor(s), and your anticipated graduation date.
- A statement confirming that you have enrolled in GRK 201 for Fall 2019.
- A statement about your financial needs to cover summer tuition.
- A statement about your commitment to devoting significant time (approximately 25 hours per week during summer 2019 toward completing 6 units of classical Greek language study).
- Briefly describe what you find interesting about studying classical Greek.
- The name and contact information of a UA faculty member who can serve as a reference for you.
- A current UA transcript (an unofficial transcript is fine).
Information on how to submit these documents will be provided in the near future.
For questions on these scholarships, please contact Professor Robert Groves (firstname.lastname@example.org).