--We are sorry to note that due to the financial situation precipitated by the COVID-19 crisis, we will *not* be able to award scholarships in Summer 2020. We hope to be able to resume providing scholarships in Summer 2021.--
The Department of Religious Studies and Classics is excited to offer support to students who would like to begin their study of Ancient Greek this summer!
Greek 112 - Intensive Beginning Classical Greek will be available fully online during a 10-week summer session (6/8/20-8/12/20). GRK 112 is the equivalent of GRK 101 and GRK 102, and prepares students for GRK 201. More information on enrolling in Summer Session can be found at summer-winter.arizona.edu.
For UA students interested in enrolling in GRK 112 in Summer 2020, the Department is offering multiple scholarships for full or partial support of Summer Session tuition. To be eligible for this funding, students must commit to enrolling in GRK 201 in Fall 2020.
To apply for funding to help cover Summer 2020 tuition for GRK 112, please submit your application by May 1, 2020. Applications should be submitted at the Scholarship Universe link below.
In the course of the application, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- A statement confirming that you have enrolled in GRK 201 for Fall 2020.
- A statement about your financial needs to cover summer tuition.
- A statement about your commitment to devoting significant time to the study of classical Greek during the 10-week Summer Session.
- Briefly describe what you find interesting about studying classical Greek.
- The name and contact information of a UA faculty member who can serve as a reference for you.
- A current UA transcript (an unofficial transcript is fine).
To apply, click the "Apply Now" link below and enter "Study of Classical Greek Funding" in the Scholarship Universe search engine. Applications are due by May 1, 2020.
For questions on these scholarships, please contact Professor Karen Seat (email@example.com).