Arizona in Orvieto Award APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS (Due March 1, 2023)
In 2023, the Department of Religious Studies & Classics at the University of Arizona is pleased to offer several awards to students pursuing study abroad opportunities in Italy.
Please see the instructions below for applying for the Arizona in Orvieto Awards.
General Arizona in Orvieto Award:
Awards of up to $1,500 are available for any UArizona student enrolled in CLAS/RELI 305 and/or RELI 280 through the Arizona in Orvieto (Italy) Study Abroad Program in summer 2023. Priority will be given to majors or minors in the Department of Religious Studies & Classics, but all UArizona students (with any major/minor) can apply. The number and amount of awards will be determined by the number and quality of applications received. See the application instructions below.
Arizona in Orvieto Award for Majors in Classics and/or Religious Studies:
Additional awards of $1,000-$5,000 are available for majors in Classics and/or Religious Studies enrolled in CLAS/RELI 305 and/or RELI 280 through the Arizona in Orvieto (Italy) Study Abroad Program in summer 2023. The number and amount of awards will be determined by the number and quality of applications received. Majors in the department will be considered for both the General Award and the Majors Award. See the application instructions below.
Please note: Majors in Classics, Religious Studies, and other SILLC majors should also apply for the SILLC Global Award by February 7, 2022. The application instructions are nearly identical for both the Arizona in Orvieto Award and the SILLC Global Award!
- Students must submit a statement of intent, which includes the following:
- At the top of your statement, please list 1) your name, 2) your university email address, 3) your major(s) and, if any, your minor(s), 4) indicate which of the following courses you plan to take in Orvieto: CLAS/RELI 305 and/or RELI 280.
- In 1-2 pages, provide a detailed statement about your interests in studying abroad, including:
- Why do you want to pursue this particular study abroad program?
- What interests you about the courses CLAS/RELI 305 and/or RELI 280?
- What strengths and qualifications you have that will help you make the most of this study abroad opportunity?
The application requires a letter of recommendation from a University of Arizona faculty member. The letter of recommendation can be emailed directly to Marcela Thompson (email@example.com) by March 1, 2023.
Finally, applicants must submit a University of Arizona transcript. It is fine to send an unofficial transcript.
To apply, please email all application materials listed above to Marcela Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1, 2023.
Questions? Contact: Dr. Karen Seat at email@example.com.