Classes taught by Dr.Voyatzis:
- Archaic Greek Sanctuaries: Classics 481/581
- Greek Architecture: Classics/Art History 457/557
- Greek Pottery: Classics/Art History 461/561
- Greek Art and Archaeology: Classics/Art History/Anthropology 340A
- Gods and Goddesses of the Ancient Mediterranean: Classics 360 (Tier II)
- Elementary Modern Greek: Greek 103
- Elementary Modern Greek: Greek 104
- Intermediate Modern Greek: Greek 203
- Intermediate Modern Greek: Greek 204
- The Tectonic Foundations of the Geoarchaeology of Greece (co-taught with George Davis): Classics 596h
- Archaeology of Religion (especially in Greece, early Iron Age through Archaic period)
- Greek art, architecture, history and society in the Protogeometric, Geometric, Orientalizing and Archaic periods particularly
- Archaeology in Arcadia
- Excavations/surveys in Tegea
- Excavations/surveys at Mt. Lykaion in Greece (2004-2010): http://lykaionexcavation.org/
Sanctuary of Zeus on Mt. Lykaion
Art Rohn and Mary Voyatzis reveiwing finds from altar
Altar at the Sanctuary of Zeus
Sanctuary of Zeus on Mt. Lykaion
- The Early Sanctuary of Athena Alea at Tegea and Other Archaic Sanctuaries in Arcadia. Published in Studies in Mediterranean Archaeology, Pocketbook 97 (Goteborg, Sweden, 1990).
- Tegea I: Investigations in the Temple of Athena Alea, 1991-1994 by G. Nordquist and M. Voyatzis. Monographs from the Norwegian Institute at Athens, no. X, E. Ostby, ed. (c. 700 pages total; 50% by Voyatzis, including Chapters on Pottery and Small Finds, Illustrations and Catalogues; Conclusions (with Nordquist), and Appendix on Ceramic Analysis (with Fenn and Ponting). Expected publication: 2009.
- Tegea II: Investigations in the Northern Sector by E. Ostby, M. Voyatzis, C. Tarditi, J.-M. Luce, K. Odegard, M. Iozzo. Monographs from the Norwegian Institute at Athens, no. XI, E. Ostby ed. (c. 850 pages; c. 30% by Voyatzis, including Chapter on Small Finds, Catalogue, and Illustrations). Expected publication: 2009.
- "Geometric Arcadia." in eds. A. Peatfield and C. Morris, Klados: Essays in Honour of J.N. Coldstream (Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies Supplement, London 1995) 271-283.
- "From Athena to Zeus: An A-Z Guide to the Origins of Greek Goddesses" in eds. L. Goodison and C. Morris, Ancient Goddesses: Myths and Evidence (British Museum Press, London, 1998) 133-147.
- "The Role of Temple Building in Consolidating Arkadian Communities," in Defining Ancient Arkadia. Acts of the Copenhagen Polis Centre 6 (Copenhagen 1999) 130-168.
- "Ο Κ. Kourouniotes in Arcadia" in Iστορίες για την αρχαία AρκαδίαInternational Symposium in honor of James Roy: 50 χρόνια Aρκάς (1958-2008) Paper: «Ο K. Κουρουνιοτης στην Αρκαδια» May 9, 2008, Stemnistsa, Arcadia. (forthcoming)
- "The Nature and Significance of the finds from Mt. Lykaion: Past and Present," At the Altar of Zeus: The Mt. Lykaion Excavation and Survey Project, University of Pennsylvania Museum Publications (forthcoming 2009)
- "Pottery at the Crossroads: Ceramic Trends in Southeast Arcadia," in Ancient Arcadia (Papers from the Norwegian Institute at Athens, 2004). 467-482.
- "The Cult of Athena Alea at Tegea and its Transformation over Time," in Celebrations. Sanctuaries and Vestiges of Cult Activity (Papers from the Norwegian Institute in Athens, vol. 6) 187-202.
- "An Analysis of Votive Types Recently Found at Tegea," in Peloponnesian Sanctuaries and Cults (Acts of the Swedish School Symposium Athens 4 - June 1994, Stockholm, 2002). 159-169
- "Excavations at the Sanctuary of Athena Alea at Tegea, 1990-1992: First Preliminary Report," Opuscula Atheniensia 1994 (with sections by Ostby, Nordquist, Tarditi and Luce) 89-141.
- "Current Fieldwork at the Sanctuary of Athena Alea at Tegea," Archaeological News 17(1992) 22-31 (invited article).
- "Votive Riders Seated Side-Saddle at Early Greek Sanctuary Sites," The Annual of the British School of Archaeology at Athens 87(1992) 259-279, figs. 1-14.
- "Arcadia and Cyprus: Aspects of the Interrelationship between the Twelfth and Eighth Centuries, B.C.," Report of the Department of Antiquities of Cyprus 1985, 166-163, pls XIX-XX.
- Book Review of Art and the Early Greek State by M. Shanks in Religious Studies Review 26 (2000) 269.
- Book Review of The Proceedings of the Danish Institute in Athens 2 by S. Dietz and S. Isager (eds.) in Opuscula Atheniensia 24 (2000) 141-144.
- Book review of Pilgrims and Pilgrimmage in Ancient Greece by M. Dillon in Religious Studies Review (1999) 80.
- Published commentaryon an article by E. Stone, "Chariots of the Gods in Old Babylonian Mesopotamia," in Cambridge Archaeological Journal, April 1993, 103-104.
- Book review of Greek Gods and Figurines. Aspects of Anthropomorphic Dedications by B. Alroth (Uppsala, 1989), in Gnomon 16 (1991) 241-244.
- Book review of Feminism in Greece between the Wars (in Greek) by E. Avdela and A. Psara (Athens, 1985) in Gender and History, vol.2 (1990) 122-123.